Independent Fleet Operations
|Independent Fleet Operations|
|IFO is home to many differnet types of simulations that are not a part of any specific Task Force. Sims commanded by a current or fomer member of the Joint Fleet Command, for example, fall into IFO. IFO is also home to sims set in the "Alternate Universe" and "Movie Era."|
|Leadership:||Joint Fleet Command|
Independent Fleet Operations (IFO) isn't a Task Force in the traditional Obsidian Fleet sense. Instead, it is a group of sims within Obsidian Fleet that, for various reasons, may not be placed within a mainstream Task Force.
Sims that have served within Independent Fleet Operations typically fall into one of the following categories:
- Sims commanded by a member of the Joint Fleet Command: Because a Triad member may not, for reasons of chain of command, report to a Task Group or Task Force CO, their sims fall into IFO.
- Sims commanded by a former member of the Joint Fleet Command: The sims of former Triad members also remain here unless they either take another position on the Fleet Staff or they request to be assigned to a Task Force.
- Sims commanded by the current head of the Judge Advocate General's office: Because the Chief Judge Advocate General may not, for reasons of judicial independence, report to a Task Group or Task Force CO, their sim also falls into IFO.
- Sims set in alternate universes or different time periods: To date, TME (The Movie Era - 2280s) and AU (Alternate Universe - Star Trek 2009) sims have existed solely in IFO.
- Speciality or unique sims: Oftentimes, unique sims are placed in IFO, or in preparation for wider-scale introduction into the Fleet. Most recently, this happened with the addition of new types of base: Regula class, Colony class, and Lowell class.
- Non-Starfleet sims: To date, civilian and alien sims have also fallen into the Independent Fleet Operations category, such as the IRW S'Task and the SS Walkabout.
- Sims entering the Fleet: When a sim is approved to enter the Fleet from outside by the Fleet Council and a space is not available in a mainstream Task Force, that sim will normally enter IFO until a space is available.
Independent Fleet Operations sims are identified by royal blue insignia and borders on their ship banners.
Obsidian Fleet Ship Listing
The following ships currently serve in Independent Fleet Operations. Ships in italics are still currently in Independent Fleet Operations but are waiting for CO assignment.
The following ships have served in the past in Independent Fleet Operations.